The Crazy/Recycle Quilt is DONE!

Finally the Crazy/Recycle Quilt is done!
Here is a little snapshot of the finished product. I've also written a bit of a description of everything I received and the process I went through to get this completed.



This quilt was actually pretty difficult to put together. I received A LOT of very different fabrics from everyone. See them in the pictures below.



It took me a long time of staring at the piles of fabric from everyone to figure out what to do. I got some squares from a few ladies but mostly I got piles of fabric. I was stuck. Finally I decided to cut up some of the ladies' squares and then the other fabric to make into big rectangular squares like the picture below. (Sorry I cut up your squares ladies.)



Then I pieced it together with some white and white polka dots to try to even out all the varying colors in the bigger blocks.



Once the quilt top was done I sandwiched the batting and the backing that was sent in and started the "quilting" process. Because of all the crazy blocks I made, I went with just plain, straight lines across the quilt top to keep it pretty simple. (And to save me a long step! ;-) )



Once the quilting was done I had to trip the edges and threads, and then add the binding. I just used some plain white flannel for the binding so that it didn't clash with the flannel backing. The backing was white and orange dots. The binding is machine stitched on the quilt top side and then hand stitched on the back to finish it up. This is the first time I've hand stitched a quilt backing on. It is not the best hand stitching, but its not too bad. ;-)

So here is the final product!'

Front:


Back:


SO....who wants it?? Email gpquilters@gmail.com and send your Name and Address. :-)

Thanks for reading!
Amanda
(MrsCarroll.6.10-07)

1 comments:

Nova726 said...

this quilt is awesome, you did such a great job!